Bolivar Medical Center is a Joint Commission Accredited, CMS Deemed Status, 164-bed general acute care hospital located in Cleveland, Mississippi. It is a comprehensive healthcare facility that provides inpatient, outpatient and emergency department services.
Bolivar Medical Center has earned a number of awards and appointments based on quality measures.
- Bolivar Medical Center was recognized as a 2014 Top Performer of Key Quality Measures by the Joint Commission, a leading accreditor of health care organizations in the United States.
- The Leapfrog Group, a national nonprofit health care ratings organization, awarded Bolivar Medical Center an “A” for its commitment to keeping patients safe and meeting the highest safety standards in the U.S.for four straight rating periods.
- LifePoint and Bolivar Medical Center were named the recipient of the 2017 Eisenberg Award for Innovation in Patient Safety.
- The Certification Board for Professionals in Patient Safety (CBPPS) recently recognized four health professionals at Bolivar Medical Center as a Certified Professional in Patient Safety (CPPS). Clinical Informatics Director and Risk Manager Rhonda Allen, Assistant Administrator Hannah Dreher, Quality Director and Patient Safety Director Teresa Grissette and Chief Nursing Officer JoAnn McCollum are currently the sole patient safety credentialed professionals in the state of Mississippi.
Making our community healthier
Bolivar Medical Center will continue to be the hospital where patients choose to come for healthcare, physicians want to practice, and employees prefer to work.
Above all, we are committed to these High Five Guiding Principles:
- Deliver high quality patient care
- Support physicians
- Create excellent workplaces for our employees
- Strengthen the hospital's role in the community
- Ensure fiscal responsibility
Thank you for choosing Bolivar Medical Center for your health care needs.