Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information
Our hospital is committed to providing the highest quality care and ensuring the safety of our patients, employees, providers, volunteers and visitors. We are continuing to monitor the evolving situation with the coronavirus (COVID-19) and are taking the necessary steps to ensure we are fully prepared to care for patients, in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and in partnership with our local and state health departments.
Below are a number of resources to help educate you and your family on COVID-19. For the most up-do-date information on the virus, please contact the health department.
COVID-19 Online Risk Assessment
To help support the health of our community, we are providing access to an online COVID-19 risk assessment developed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). This tool does NOT provide a diagnosis, and it should NOT be used as a substitute for an assessment made by a healthcare provider.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Situation Summary
- MS State Department of Health: https://msdh.ms.gov/msdhsite/_static/14,0,420.html
- Mississippi Coronavirus Hotline (8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday): 877-978-645
Bolivar Medical Center is committed to protecting the health and safety of everyone who walks through our doors. We can confirm that we have identified multiple patients who have tested positive for the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
We are continuing to work closely with the Mississippi State Department of Health and following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to ensure the safety of our patients, the clinical teams who have been caring for these patients and all those within our facility.
Our hospital is prepared with the appropriate plans to detect, protect and respond. We have been preparing for the potential of COVID-19 in our community for several weeks, building upon the robust emergency operations plan we have in place year-round.
At Bolivar Medical Center, our top priority is safeguarding the health and wellbeing of our patients, providers, employees and community. We continue to closely monitor the prevalence of coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community and follow state and federal guidance as we adapt our operations to safely care for and support our patients. As current projections continue to indicate a lower than expected volume of COVID-19 in our region, effective October 19, we are easing our visitor policy as follows:
- One WELL visitor/caregiver will be allowed for patients receiving an outpatient procedure, entering the emergency department, OB patients and all pediatric patients.
- Visitor must present with patient and are required to stay in the designated area(s) with the patient.
- Visitors are NOT allowed for high-risk, isolation, immunocompromised or respiratory patients who are under observation or test positive for coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Visitors must be 18 years or older.
- All visitors will be screened with questions and a temperature check upon entry. A mask and an armband indicating they have been screened will be required during the entire time in the facility.
- Visitors who screen positive at entry will not be allowed in the facility.
- Re-entry is not permitted once visitor has left the facility.
- The Bolivar Bistro is not open to visitors. Food and drink requests may be accommodated.
We want to reassure our communities that it is safe to come to the hospital should you or your family need care. We stand ready to serve you.
To stay the most up-to-date, review some additonal news items:
- Community members are urged to wear masks
- How the pandemic has made Bolivar Medical Center better
- Care Connect communication line available
Bolivar Medical Center Urges Community Members to Wear Masks
Bolivar Medical Center is urging community members to wear face masks or cloth face coverings in public areas where social distancing is not easily achieved in an effort to help stop the spread of COVID-19. This aligns with recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and State Department of Health, as being an effective way to prevent the spread of the illness. The hospital has already instituted a universal masking protocol within its facilities and requires anyone entering to wear a face mask at all time.
Not all masks are created equal. Wear the right one to keep you and others safe. See the image below for guidance. Click the image to download a larger/printable file
Release of Information Request
Due the COVID-19 virus, the Release of Information Department will process all request for medical records via fax and mail. If you would like a copy of your medical record, please complete the HIPAA Authorization Release Form and either fax or mail to the address or fax number below. The HIPAA Authorization Form can also be found on our website at www.bolivarmedical.com. Additionally, if you want a copy of your radiology disk, it too will be mailed. If you have questions please call the number below. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Your source for guidance around all things COVID-19.
- Stop the Spread of Germs
- Symptoms of COVID-19
- What if I have COVID-19 symptoms?
- Manage Symptoms at home
- And much more