Expecting and New Parent Education
We are delighted you have chosen Bolivar Medical Center as the birthplace of your baby and to share in this exciting time in your life. We want to be of service to you in every way possible.
Delivery Club Class
Prepared childbirth classes are designed to prepare you for many aspects of childbirth. We want to help you be as prepared as possible for the arrival of your new family member.
Expectant mothers at least 28 gestational weeks are encouraged to participate in this class that covers the role of the support person, common symptoms during pregnancy, pain management, labor precautions, possible complications during pregnancy, postpartum, nursery care and breastfeeding.
Partners and/or coaches are encouraged to attend.
Instructor Contact: 662-902-7887 and 662-402-5042
Bolivar Medical Center's Certified Lactation Counselor will help any expectant mother prepare for breastfeeding. To get connected to the counselor, please call 662-846-0061.
Car Seat Safety
As children grow, how they sit safely in a car, truck, van or SUV changes. For maximum child passenger safety, parents and caregivers simply need to remember and follow the recommended steps for kids:
- Use rear-facing infant seats in the back seat from birth to at least 1 year and at least 20 pounds.
- Use forward-facing toddler seats in the back seat from age 1 and 20 pounds to about age 4 and 40 pounds.
- Use booster seats in the back seat from about age 4 to at least age 8 unless the child is 4'9" or taller.
- Use safety belts in the back seat at age 8 or older or when the child is taller than 4'9".
- All children younger than age 13 should ride in the back seat.
Some parents or caregivers may regard booster seats as a hassle to use or difficult to convince their children to use. But protecting the ones you love means getting past the temporary complaints and perceived hassles.
Learn more about child safety from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.